Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 LastLast

Thread: Future race suggestion thread

1. Default

14.8 hp? can you even lose tenths of a point of hp in CS?
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    14.8 hp? can you even lose tenths of a point of hp in CS?
    Round up or down depending on the level so that the final product leaves you with 26 hp
    OhGasm In Your Mouth : panorama is so nub
    Maukid : lol
    OhGasm In Your Mouth : never realized it

3. Default

One Crypt lord can cripple a round. Two Crypt lords can stop someone from playing a round at all. Not sure if anything could or should be done about this, but mentioning it. Being dead before buy time is over hasn't really been a concern before this race. Only thing that could have caused that before that I can think of is Panorama vs Wards. Anyway, this is a knife race, so no need for guns. He's probably going to be buying lace much of the time anyway, so this won't probably come to be.

Should Repulsion knock you so far out of range that you can't trigger your Pursuit? Just seems counter-intuitive to make it so you can chase down someone you hit, but making it hard to be in range to do so. Also, not having played ZM, how does Repulsion interact with things with varied gravity?

On Masskid's idea of losing life bound to a skill, it has to be a skill that NOT taking is a bad thing. Otherwise, you run into the problem I mentioned to Cyber, some people may just avoid that skill to avoid the negative. I don't see a skill that falls into the "NEED" category on Banshee. Would you rather play the race as written with 85 HP and 75% jump invis, or 26 HP and 95% invis? I know I'd take the former. Curse has the same problem. You'd need to hit a number of extra enemies to make it worth it. By just life, it's 15 enemies a round. The extra speed for one second, if you stay close enough, wouldn't really be worth it. Ulti, given the raw numbers don't vary from level 1 to 5, I'd just take one rank to keep the extra HP. I'd be willing to go with no Pursuit, Flow or Repulsion in order to keep my HP at 100. To me, no skill is powerful enough on its own to be worth that much HP. What's cumulative level idea would work better, if it's feasible. However, do I think he needs more HP in the first place? Can't say till I see him in action. He may need some tweaking at low levels.

Continuing that thought, what is the first level you can actually PLAY this race, where you won't be nothing more than a death? Yes, he can jump higher, but his base speed is never higher than base knife speed, always has low health, only gets invis while jumping, and while he can go higher, it's, again, at base speed. Can't even bunny hop to gain speed, cause you'd be dead. Even his ulti wouldn't be enough IMO, because he'd still have to get in range to use it, with base speed AND not have the enemy have laces. I bring that up, because even Raps is useful (for Raps) at level 8. This line of questioning has nothing to do with the final product, just the slog beforehand.

And now for my mind doing maths and being curious about the programming side of things. With the quirkiness of CSS movement and being in 3D space, Pursuit sounds awesome the way it's written :P Even if it only checks X and Y coords for moving closer, if one of you is on uneven ground, so you are just on the edge of the range of detection, could this cause your speed to constantly fluctuate, and what would this do? Related, what is "closer" supposed to entail?
    Last edited by Blackmage; 01-21-2014 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Thoughts made into sentences (shouldn't write when tired!)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.

4. Default

Oooo blackmage what if every skill (not ultimate) deduct health so in the end you can edit your skills to a comfortable position. More health = less skills.

I'm aware that it's a knife race and can buy a lace every round, but their are some people who dislike playing with laces (wolf, Tom, me) also in its current form I don't see this race doing much without a boots of speed at least every round

The race is currently built for close range with no ability to get into close range. Rap has flickering shadows and speed, rap has speed health, and cloak, vagalion has teleport and speed and buffed flickering shadows, I mean even a succubus Hunter has a long jump
    OhGasm In Your Mouth : panorama is so nub
    Maukid : lol
    OhGasm In Your Mouth : never realized it

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    yeah a completely invisible race that can run around.......dumbass

Also reading what you wrote, have you even played this game before?
    run around slowly, dealing much less damage

your vauge rhetoricals aren't amusing, there's nothing wrong with the race
    A programming genius called HEAP
    Had trouble in getting to sleep
    So he made his lambs troup
    through a huge FOR-NEXT loop
    FOR 1 TO 10000: NEXT sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    BANSHEE
    (Knife only, 26 hp starting health, Each Jump costs 5 hp.)
    (Restricted items: health, ring, boots, cloak, socks)
    (Restricted to 1 per team)
    (5 level ranks per skill)

Curse:
    Knifing enemies curses (marks) them for a duration of 5-10s. You passively leech 1 hp/s off of cursed enemies for the duration of the curse.
    Pursuit:
    Gain 10-50% speed boost while heading closer towards CURSED enemies within 30-50ft radius.
    Ethereal Flow:
    10-60% reduced gravity.
    Spectral Form:
    75-95% invisibility while in air ONLY. Continuously leaves a temporary spectral trail sprite below it on closest ground pointing towards its general direction.
    Repulsion:
    Knifing enemies propels BOTH you and the enemy 10-50ft apart from each other in opposite directions. Enemies hitting a wall/object during the motion are cursed for an ADDITIONAL 5-10s.
    Ultimate: Banshee's Scream: (Cooldown:60-30s)
    Applies “Curse” on enemies within 25-35ft radius and additionally slows down all currently cursed enemies by 10-25%.
    i don't like it still.

“Curse” is the bread and butter of this race. It will make it or break it! Just like warden critical strike effect but heals player for that amount. [/QUOTE]

Wardens. Don't. Crit. Period. Rant Inc.

Ok - to start. The race is:
    -Knife Only
    -26 HP at Start
    -Loses (yes LOSES) 5HP PER JUMP

Note all of that. These are the stats at level 0. Now take a look at Curse. Curse requires the player to just "simply" knife the guy who happens to have a handheld projectile firing device that just so happens to be known to take lives. Also known as a gun. The benefit for hitting the target is obviously beneficial, but that's if you even get in range quick enough to get one hit in.

Pursuit - alright, same thing. IF you get the hit in. Keep in mind. 26HP at start, figuring you didn't get stupid and hit spacebar or scroll down on mousewheel to jump (me).

Ethereal Flow - Standard low grav that I won't beable to utilize much of because of the loss of HP.

Spectral - Attempts to coax me into using my Etheral Flow, which I still don't feel the need to use while leveling.

Repulsion - Max this 1st. Period. I don't know / understand what it does still because I don't play enough zmod, but this is what we'd max first. Hands down. You hit a target, it's a free curse. Just hit and run; you won't win once this happens, and there is no point in utilizing pursuit with this ability. To abuse the pursuit speed however, strafe in their direction but out of view.

Banshee's Scream - AOE Ultimate. Cursed Enemies slowed even when out of range, fine I guess. Everyone within range of that ultimate gets cursed... so Free health regen for like the 2 people I managed to hit, while being directly under them. Overall - it's ok.

Ways to improve? I wouldn't mind seeing Ethereal Flow combined with pursuit instead. There is nothing wrong with having two abilities within one ability while leveling. Also it makes me feel that putting points into pursuit won't be so regretful early on. The "maxed" potential for this race - Orc, Raiden, Cryptlord(x2), Hell's Demon Death Skill, Undead, Chameleon (Suicide Bomb, Chain Lightning), Flame Predator, Vagalion, Vagabond, Rapscallion (motherfuckin OP), flashbang to the face, smokegrenaded to death. That's what will happen. Up the health a bit. 51 - 61 would work better. The loss of health, I would rather see it mixed in with a skill instead of at level 0. Mix it with either Spectral or Ethereal Flow and then I could understand the penalty for my health being taken away better (think of it like [To use this ability, we're taking 5 hp from you everytime]. CS_Italy, CT side. I like going apartments sometimes. That's 2, I repeat, 2 jumps I need to do in order to get there. Sometimes 3 because physics sucks.

Also - you can probably also utilize +ability to turn off the HP sucking effect, but as a result, defaults your gravity / disables Spectral (depending on what you choose, if you even choose to do that). This makes the player have to manage his ability whether its mid combat or just traveling / running while keeping tabs on who is cursed.

Either way, still don't like the race.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    <Gravitron> (No weapon restriction)

Gravity Pull:
    (1 to 5)/max_clip_size % chance to throw the target in air and pull towards you. The more damage you deal, the stronger the pull.
    (think of "forcing" the enemy to do a startled longjump towards you, ideally used while you're mid-air/above them for optimal effect).
    (Basically this is to allow the usage of any gun. so deagle and scout would have 5/7 and 5/10 (= roughly 50%) max chance to proc the effect, however a tmp would have 5/30 ( = roughly 16% only to proc a shot) and p90 is 5/50 (10% chance to proc), this will basically avoid spray-spamming the effect of Gravity pull if someone really wants to play spraying guns. but at the same time, it will keep the integrity of what i originally wanted with the race, and it's to fuck with ppl with a scout and deagle from distance, or shotty etc...
    This should be a compromise between hyper's request to unlock all guns, and wolf's concerns of spamming tmp with 30% proc chance etc)
    @mass a shotty would be a very ideal weapon of choice. strong proc chance + decent dmg. it wouldnt be as effective as a scout for range, but it can be used to troll ppl and mid range gameplay. we already see that with jack on shotty, but at least u're not getting like 120 dmg from stacked diamonds in 1 hit ALONG with a throw in air with 5 stacked club procs...

Gravity Field:
    Activate using +ability. 1-3 pulsing Wards (yellow for T, Green for CT. Enemies that go through this ward are subjected to 10 times regular gravity (8000 gravity) and are slowed down by 5-25%.
    (so it could be totally harmless if an enemy walks through it, but basically forces them to not jump/fly in it or they might suffer fall dmg. Also FINALLY a race counter for flying races and jacks. Interesting to see combined with Magnetic Pull).
    (Ward size is the size of a stryder ward that is somewhat 50% transparent, allowing it to be used as a trap if not paying attention)

Gravity Boots:
    You take 50%-100% LESSS damage from world (like negating fall dmg). And fraction of the damage you WOULD have taken from the world is turned into % transparency for 1-3 seconds.
    (basically i made it so that the partial invisibility isnt when u LEAP, bcos that's too similar to old human and current vaga tele's...i wanted originality, so instead, when u DROP on the ground, damage you take makes u transparent temporarily.
    IF we're talking about a 1 to 1 input/output ratio, then 50 dmg makes u 50% transparent for like 3 seconds max, and if ur damage was very high, u might even be invisisble for those 3 seconds. the ratio can be tweaked so that more dmg is needed to add more transparency, i'll leave those numbers for testing purposes.)
    So basically, ur gravity thrust can be used to throw urself into the air and falling for no dmg near enemies and flank them with those 3 seconds of partial invis). Now thats a REALLY strong tactic especially if u fall from high places, so don't you guys DARE say that this race is underpowered anymore...

Gravity Shield:
    You lose 30-15 armor in order to negate a RACE skill that proc'd on you (this applies to blades, lens-of-truth, scout-dmg, bash, maser, club, banish, burn, blind, etc RACE skills, not ultimate nor regular dmg nor item procs)

Gravity Thrust: ultimate. (cooldown 15-5 seconds)
    Activate using +ultimate, jump and fast-leap into the air where your crosshair is.

(much like the old human teleport, but you jump that distance instead of teleporting it, and can be shot during it.)
    (think of a Hulk-jump lol) (more points in it increase the range and speed of jump)
    (comment: made it so that the transparency comes POST ultimate ( IF falling dmg was sustained))

can we revisit this? it's been a year and i like this idea, if anything else it would really piss off jacks, vagas, spideys, really any flying race

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kionay View Post
    can we revisit this? it's been a year and i like this idea, if anything else it would really piss off jacks, vagas, spideys, really any flying race
    I just reread my own race after forgetting what it was... Man i have good taste.

lol
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

9. Default

In order for gravity field to work on flying races, you would have to cancel the ultimate when they enter it. That said, I like the race idea and would give yet another way to counter flying races. Make sure the wards have unlimited height however.
    Last edited by Passarelli; 06-15-2014 at 02:56 AM. Reason: testing
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Passarelli View Post
    In order for gravity field to work on flying races, you would have to cancel the ultimate when they enter it. That said, I like the race idea and would give yet another way to counter flying races. Make sure the wards have unlimited height however.
    or "push" them down (how jack pushes you up, but in the other direction)