Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 007 Warden [70] v1.1.1

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    The ultimate issue, I have wondered why Warden is the special one who can't respawn when he's alone.
    I thought all respawn races were like that.

Tastes like your moms kisses.

2. Default

alright fair enough fellas, thx for the feedback was just wondering i kinda miss walking around disguised, i remember even in 1v1 it was funny cuz the other person would think of not shooting u for few seconds, gave me giggles.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HypeRNT View Post
    zero any chance you can update warden to actually be able to mole or appear at the enemies spwn at the same time that they spwn, meaning you don't have to wait multiple seconds before spwning into the other teams spwn? Its honestly very very difficult to do this because first, you don't have control over when you are going to mole, like you cant stop it if you don't want to mole this round because you have no gun or something, second every person mostly knows to wait for moles leaving you completely defenseless and outmatched.

Also a good note to look at is we have alot of newly introduced races that are very speedy, like santa,jack,dragonfly,vagalion and many other fast races that get out of spwn very fast making it very difficult to even kill some1 if you do mole because not many people stay in their spwn for that long.

Here is a video of how warden was made to be, its an older video then i would like it to be, but it gets the point across pretty clearly, starts from 2:07-2:25. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5MhHtvCcog

Also, why when you do mole you only have your disguise for few seconds? This is wardens best and most adored skill, the ability to be disguised for the round or until killed(no longer then a round) is why this race was made, it is the whole backbone to this race, any chance we can have it back.

Also, how come if you are going 1v1 and you are a warden and you die the round ends even though you still use your ultimate to respwn? anyway to change this? so many times i have had my warden ultimate ready for use and the round ended because i died even tho i respawned right after using my ultimate, can this be changed or is this limited by the engine itself?
    what's wrong with warden? it's 100% identical to how it's always been.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

4. Default

we have it set with a delay cause it can easily destroy an enemy team if it was isnstant.... even more so if you had several of them.

I was playing WCS on GO today and their mole was instant... and all it accomplished was making everyone want 2 play that race, and half the team dieing in the spawn before anything happens every round... in short... it's no good being an instant thing.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    we have it set with a delay cause it can easily destroy an enemy team if it was isnstant.... even more so if you had several of them.

I was playing WCS on GO today and their mole was instant... and all it accomplished was making everyone want 2 play that race, and half the team dieing in the spawn before anything happens every round... in short... it's no good being an instant thing.
    Yes it could destroy a team, but so can void? spider man? vagabond? human, i mean you name it, its wcs, shit happens that can smack a team down in seconds, we had plenty of like 20 second rounds.But that always how the mole worked, its the power of the mole, the single skill that warden was revered for,its what represents it, you cant have warden without its moling skill just like you cant have human without its invis and bash and extra hp, its just how its always been. Also a race restriction can easily be added.

Its just because you aren't used to it, after a little while you can easily tell who is a mole either by his gun, his stance, his name, or him not showing up on the radar as your teammate, all of this just puts more skill to the game. Also, i know there used to be an item called mole protectant, were you took no damage from moles, or it reveals them on your screen(different on some servers). Its just a very odd way warden functions atm, it really was never made to be the way it is on the server. Even if it doesn't need to be changed, adding a disguise for a full round or until death(round max) would be much appreciated just because i think alot of people forgot the power of the mole, of how it really should be or used to be, i think we should remind them that this race is here for a reason, i think just extending the disguise would help alot.

As to acolyte, there really isn't anything wrong with it, im speaking more in terms of thinking out loud here and just wondering if there is any possibility of making it little more acceptable to the wcs mod, it seems this race got butchered alot on this server and basically we should have no fear making few adjustments that are minor but effective(disguise timer extension) could be one of them, instant mole another, remember we still have the timer before the actually round starts(which could be extended few seconds if needed) to make it easier to catch the moles, but honestly after some time, they really are easy to see, just like getting used to vaga's, at first its hard and you have no idea, but then it becomes much easier and predictable.

6. Default

Had thought it lasted till end of the round, maybe that was just the Disguiser. Have been looking for something swinging either way for old Ibis, but can't find anything useful.

Maynard, question on your CS GO comment, was the round instant spawn? Did you have Shadow Hunter or some other race with wards? No mole protectant? Just trying to figure out how Warden was able to change the meta that dramatically.

We used to have mole protectant, it was no damage.

As for the way mole is, it forces your enemies to either wait in spawn for a possibility, to give your team more time to set up if it fails, or lets you flank them with no problems if they choose not to watch. The disguise gives you long enough to get out of the base. If you plan on using the disguise, you just have to get into position quickly.

The way mole works ATM fills a niche. If we were going to make an instant spawn, I think I'd rather see it on a new race than changing our current mole mechanic. The disguise, we just need the item back.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post

agreed.
    we used to have it with no delay if i recall correctly.
    had all sorts of issues.
    6 seconds is enough for letting people move along.
    4 seconds would have been ideal, but whatever, its better for the mole this way, at least u dnt die instantly when jumped by entire team in spawn. now u can pick off 2-3 kills easy.
    if they camp u ? its ur fucking problem for sticking to the race and not switching off, and then back on later...

btw maynard, what wcs server on go did u play at? would love to join u and see how shit is handled in the newer game, makes me love our server even more.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

8. Default

I visit these forums for civilized discussions, not this twaddle. Absolute poppycock.

While I now see that having an instant mole would be terrible the disguise I think should last the whole round. Would make things interesting to say the least.

Tastes like your moms kisses.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chikun View Post
    I visit these forums for civilized discussions, not this twaddle. Absolute poppycock.

While I now see that having an instant mole would be terrible the disguise I think should last the whole round. Would make things interesting to say the least.
    Good post, also correct, might of gotten carried away, what are the opinions of having the disguise for the round? Pros/Cons?

10. Default

Con: now they're waiting for you every round. If you wait for the disguise to end, then attack, they're less likely to suspect you next round. For the way the race should be played now, the current setup is best IMO

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.