I was talking to Wolfenstinger about ways to revive the server. He really wants to just reset the xp, but we talked about some other ways.

His argument was thus: people were active in order to level their races. Everyone maxed themselves out, and therefore stopped playing. Those that continue to play simply scare away the newbies. When people aren't maxed out, it helps give the iillusion of balanced skill

While I see his point, I really don't want to just see all my progress completely reset, especially as I can not put nearly as much time into the server as I used to. We talked about ways to have people voluntarily reset their xp.

The best way in my opinion would be a prestige system.

People's xp would be converted into points. Their prestiged xp would be saved and phychostats would add that and their current xp to get their score.

There would be a new prestige store where people can spend points to purchase cosmetic items (new player skins, new weapon skins, also maybe one time use items such as a map change the admins can't override) but nothing that will change gameplay in a meaningful way. The only gameplay changing thing that I feel would be acceptable would be prestige only races, which you could buy with points.

We could also do a forceful prestige yearly, just to help give that illusion of balance.

Please, share your thoughts.